Sunday 26 March 2017

March, 2017


Ernst Email Update

March 2017



G’day Praying Partners:



It’s been a busy month as we hosted friends and are getting prepared for our Easter outreach! We had a lovely visit with friends from the States. They were only with us for one week, so a lot of ground was covered in a short period of time! It was such a blessing for us to have them here – we love showing off this beautiful country! They stayed an extra day with us so that they could attend a service at church – which was a blessing to our church family.



Our Easter “Eggs”travaganza is THIS Sunday afternoon! It feels like it “snuck” up on us, although most of the preparations are in place. There was a little hiccup with advertising, and because of that the word may not have gotten out to all the students that we would have liked. But, God knows and we will be prepared for however many He brings our way! This Wednesday, after prayer meeting, we will be filling the 400+ eggs that we have with lollies and small toys. On Sunday we will have games, craft, easter egg colouring and the egg hunt. Please be in prayer as the gospel goes forth that God would be glorified. Pray for our church family as they set aside this time to serve the Lord.



Thank you for your prayers for our niece – she did receive her visa! In fact, she and Jackie’s sister, Kim, are arriving on June 5! We are SO excited with how God has provided for them- and given us an incredible blessing! We’re going to have the most visitors in one year that we’ve had the entire 13 years we’ve lived in Australia!



Jackie has begun meeting with 2 students at the school – one is grade 1 and another girl from Iraq that she met with last year who is in grade 6 this year. Please be in prayer as we demonstrate the love of Christ to them. They’ve both been invited to the Easter outreach as well. Rob continues to enjoy his ministry as chaplain at the school. He feels so blessed to be God’s hands and feet in the community in this way. Jackie also continues with her English class on Friday – Maristela is doing really well and her family continues to be a big blessing to us.



“Sing unto the Lord; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth.” Isaiah 12:5. I read this in my quiet time today and was challenged with this thought – do I make known all the “excellent” things God has done for me? Now, those who know me know I’m not much of a singer (Jackie – Rob is great!), so the singing part (in public) is out – but that shouldn’t stop me from proclaiming what wonderful things God has done for me!  I recently put a post on facebook that I wanted to share with you. “March 25, 1973 – the day that changed my life forever (literally)! So thankful that God extended His grace and mercy to me and made me a part of His family – what an incredible journey it’s been – one that’s taken me halfway around the world! I don’t know how the rest of my time on earth will go, but I know He will walk it with me. And then will be the best – eternity with my Savior and Friend.” I don’t normally post much on Facebook, but since it was my “spiritual birthday”, I felt like I should make known the excellent things He’s done to all the earth (or at least those on Facebook!). We just never know, do we, how God is going to use our “proclamation” on His behalf! So, go, make known His excellent things to whomever God brings your way – in whatever manner He deems! Just think, together we CAN make His deeds known in ALL the earth!



Shining the Light Down Under,

Rob and Jackie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.